Main Article Content
This article was based on the results of classroom action research of STEM approach in investigating pumpkins at first grade of SDN 02 Aur Kuning Kota Bukittinggi. The students learn to know deeply about pumpkins that easily found in their sorrounding by investigating and combining science, mathematic, enggineering, drawing, and art in their learning process. The subject of this project was the first grader of 02 Aur Kuning elementary school students in Kota Bukittinggi. The methode used classroom action research methode in two cycles with two meeting per each cylce. Indikator of critical thinking that used in this study were basic operations of reasoning and metacognitive knowledge. The results of this research showed that by applying STEM approach in investigating pumpkin improved the learning outcome and students creative thinking in learning science and mathematic at elementary school in Bukittinggi.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Chiu, A., Price, C. A., Ovrahim, E., & Ed, M. (2015). Supporting elementary and middle school STEM education at the whole-school level: A review of the literature. Museum of Science and Industry Chicago, 1–21. Retrieved from https://www.msichicago.org/fileadmin/assets/educators/science_leadership_initiative/SLI_Lit_Review.pdf
- Daly, S. R., Mosyjowski, E. A., Oprea, S. L., Huang-Saad, A., & Seifert, C. M. (2016). College students’ views of creative process instruction across disciplines. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 22, 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2016.07.002
- Feldon, D. F., Maher, M. A., Roksa, J., & Peugh, J. (2016). Cumulative Advantage in the Skill Development of STEM Graduate Students: A Mixed-Methods Study. American Educational Research Journal, 53(1), 132–161. https://doi.org/10.3102/0002831215619942
- Magnuson, K., Duncan, G. J., Lee, K. T. H., & Metzger, M. W. (2016). Early School Adjustment and Educational Attainment. American Educational Research Journal, 53(4), 1198–1228. https://doi.org/10.3102/0002831216634658
- STEM Task Force. (2014). Innovate A blueprint for STEM in California public education, (May), 7. Retrieved from https://www.cde.ca.gov/pd/ca/sc/documents/innovate.pdf
- Taylor, L., & Hochuli, D. F. (2017). Defining greenspace: Multiple uses across multiple disciplines. Landscape and Urban Planning, 158, 25–38. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2016.09.024