Main Article Content
The surface quality of turning can be influenced by several factors such as determining the spindle rotation speed, determining cutting speed (cutting speed), cut angle. the purpose of this study was to compare the level of surface roughness in the mild steel ST 37 on lathe process. Every surface of the workpiece that undergoes a machining process will experience varying degrees of roughness. This research is an experimental study that compares the level of surface roughness of material material Mild Steel ST 37. Material that is done with a length of 70 mm, and turned into a diameter of 20 mm using 3 kinds of cutting angles and 3 kinds of spindle rotation speed. Measuring the surface roughness of the workpiece, namely surface tester mitutoyo SJ-201P. The results of this study can be concluded that the spindle rotation speed of 740 rpm with 80˚ cutting angle produces a smoother surface that is (∑Rap) = 5.76 μm or in the roughness class N9 while the spindle rotation speed is 440 rpm with 80 potong cutting angle produces a surface coarse (∑Rap) = 11.47 μm with N10 surface roughness class.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Please find the rights and licenses in INVOTEK.
The non-commercial use of the article will be governed by the Creative Commons Attribution license as currently displayed on Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
2. Author(s)’ Warranties
The author(s) warrants that the article is original, written by stated author(s), has not been published before, contains no unlawful statements, does not infringe the rights of others, is subject to copyright that is vested exclusively in the author and free of any third party rights, and that any necessary permissions to quote from other sources have been obtained by the author(s).
3. User Rights
INVOTEK adopts the spirit of open access and open science, which disseminates articles published as free as possible under the Creative Commons license.INVOTEK permits users to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work for non-commercial purposes only. Users will also need to attribute authors and INVOTEK on distributing works in the journal.
4. Rights of Authors
Authors retain the following rights:
- Copyright, and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- the right to use the substance of the article in future own works, including lectures and books,
- the right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- the right to self-archive the article.
- the right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal INVOTEK
If the article was jointly prepared by other authors; upon submitting the article, the author is agreed on this form and warrants that he/she has been authorized by all co-authors on their behalf, and agrees to inform his/her co-authors. INVOTEK will be freed on any disputes that will occur regarding this issue.
By submitting the articles, the authors agreed that no fees are payable from INVOTEK.
INVOTEK will publish the article (or have it published) in the journal if the article’s editorial process is successfully completed and INVOTEK or its sublicensee has become obligated to have the article published. INVOTEK may adjust the article to a style of punctuation, spelling, capitalization, referencing and usage that it deems appropriate. The author acknowledges that the article may be published so that it will be publicly accessible and such access will be free of charge for the readers.
-  Indrawan, E., & Rifelino, R. (2014). PENINGKATAN AKTIFITAS BELAJAR MAHASISWA MELALUI PENGGUNAAN MULTIMEDIA DALAM MATA KULIAH METROLOGI INDUSTRI. Penelitian Pendidikan, 5(1).
-  Munaji, Sudji, 1980, Dasar-Dasar Metrologi Industri, proyek Pengembangan Lembaga Pendidikan Tenaga Kependidikan, Jakarta.
-  Bondan T. Sofyan. (2010). Pengantar Material Teknik. Jakarta: Salemba Teknika.
-  Paridawati. (2015). Pengaruh Kecepatan dan Sudut Potong Terhadap Kekasaran Benda Kerja Pada Mesin Bubut. Bekasi: Universitas Islam 45 Bekasi.
-  Widarto. (2008). Teknik Pemesinan. Jakarta: Direktorat Pembinaan Sekolah Menengah Kejuruan
-  A Yufrizal. (1993). Teknologi Proses Pemesinan Dasar-Dasar Pengetahuan Mesin Bubut. Padang: FPTK IKIP Padang.
-  Rochim, Taufiq, 1985, Teori dan Teknologi Proses Pemesinan, Higher Education Development Support, Jakarta
-  Suharsimi Arikunto. (2010). Prosedur Penelitian: Suatu Pendekatan Praktik. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
-  __. (2013). Prosedur Penelitian Suatu Pendekatan Praktek. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta