Main Article Content
This study aims to look at the effect of discovery learning models on students' critical and cognitive thinking abilities on the ability to solve programming problems. This study used a quasi-experimental method conducted on students of the Information Systems study program. The subjects used were morning class students as the experimental class and the evening class as the control class 2018/2019 with 60 students. Data collection techniques is essay test questions critical thinking skills. Data analysis is using t test. The results of the analysis show that tcounted > t table and the significant value is smaller than 0.05. Based on these results, it can be concluded that there is a significant influence on the Discovery Learning model on the critical thinking skills of Information Systems students added about the limitations, practical implications, social implications and the value of their originality
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
-  N. K. H. Sayukti, “Integrating self-regulated learning and discovery learning into English lesson plan,” SHS Web Conf., vol. 42, p. 00047, 2018.
-  L. E. Ott, T. S. Carpenter, D. S. Hamilton, and W. R. LaCourse, “Discovery Learning: Development of a Unique Active Learning Environment for Introductory Chemistry,” J. Scholarsh. Teach. Learn., vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 161–180, 2018.
-  M. D. Svinicki, “A theoretical foundation for discovery learning.,” Am. J. Physiol., vol. 275, no. 6 Pt 2, pp. 4–7, 1998.
-  H. Suyitno and I. Artikel, “Model Pembelajaran Discovery Learning Dengan Pendekatan Metakognitif Untuk Meningkatkan Metakognisi Dan Kemampuan Berpikir Kreatif Matematis,” Unnes J. Res. Math. Educ., vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 10–17, 2015.
-  Y. W. Kwan and A. F. L. Wong, “Effects of the constructivist learning environment on students’ critical thinking ability: Cognitive and motivational variables as mediators,” Int. J. Educ. Res., vol. 70, pp. 68–79, 2015.
-  A. Febrian and O. Lawanto, “Do Computer Science Students Understand Their Programming Task?—A Case Study of Solving the Josephus Variant Problem,” Int. Educ. Stud., vol. 11, no. 12, p. 26, 2018.
-  M. S. Gunbatar, “Examination of Undergraduate and Associate Degree Students’ Computer Programming Attitude and Self-Efficacy According to Thinking Style, Gender and Experience,” Contemp. Educ. Technol., vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 354–373, 2018.
-  F. Saltan, “The Impact of Online Algorithm Visualization on ICT Students’ Achievements in Introduction to Programming Course,” J. Educ. Learn., vol. 6, no. 1, p. 184, 2016.
-  A. W.Susanti, “Analisis Korespondensi Hubungan Strategi Pembelajaran Dengan Hasil Belajar Mahasiswa,” vol. 1, 2018.
-  K. Kwon, “Novice programmerâ€TMs misconception of programming reflected on problem-solving plans,” Int. J. Comput. Sci. Educ. Sch., vol. 1, no. 4, p. 14, 2017.
-  Y. S. Tsamaniarty Hidayah, “Pengembangan Model Pembelajaran Discovery Learning pada Mata Kulliah Perkembangan Kepribadian Mahasiswa AMIK DCC Bandar Lampung,” Obor Penmas, vol. 2, no. 2, 2019.
-  C. C. Hudson and V. R. Whisler, “Contextual teaching and learning for practitioners,” IMSCI 2007 - Int. Multi-Conference Soc. Cybern. Informatics, Proc., vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 228–232, 2007.
-  T. dkk Martaida, “The Effect of Discovery Learning Model on Student’s Critical Thinking and Cognitive Ability in Junior High School,” Iosr-Jrme, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1–8, 2017.
-  Y. B. İ. R. Çalişma, “A study for determining computer programming students’ attitudes towards programming and their programming self-efficacy / Bilgisayar programcılığı öğrencilerinin programlamaya karşı tutum ve programlama öz-yeterliklerinin belirlenmesine yönelik bir çalı,” Eğitimde Kuram ve Uygul., vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 51–67, 2014.
-  P. C. Abrami et al., “Instructional interventions affecting critical thinking skills and dispositions: A stage 1 Meta-Analysis,” Rev. Educ. Res., vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 1102–1134, 2008.
-  N. Khasanah, Sajidan, Sutarno, and B. A. Prayitno, “Implementation of discovery learning model with integrated unity of sciences in the develop of critical thinking skills and personal religious beliefs (PRB) of students,” Man India, vol. 97, no. 19, pp. 353–361, 2017.
-  Y. Nurrohmi, S. Utaya, and D. H. Utomo, “Pengaruh Model Pembelajaran Discovery Learning Terhadap Kemampuan Berpikir Kritis Mahasiswa,” J. Pendidik., vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1308–1314, 2017.
-  K. dkk Yuliani, “The development of learning devices based guided discovery model to improve understanding concept and critical thinking mathematically ability of atudents at Islamic Junior High School of Medan,” J. Educ. Pract., vol. 6, no. 24, pp. 116–128, 2015.
-  R. Laferriere, B. Engeler, and A. Rixon, “Addressing Cognitive Challenges in Applying Design Thinking for Opportunity Discovery: Reflections from a Design Thinking Teaching Team,” She Ji, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 383–386, 2019.
-  B. McDonald, “Self Assessment and Discovery Learning.,” Online Submiss., vol. 1, no. 868, 2011.