Main Article Content
This study aims to provide recommendation from the result of the comparison artificial neural network between backpropagation and learning vector quantization (LVQ) methods in pattern recognition. These methods are often used for pattern recognition applications, because these two methods are able to grouping patterns into pattern classes and included in supervised learning methods. In this study will be proven backpropagation and LVQ are able to recognize the pattern of two-dimentional figure geometry shapes and show which method better in pattern recognition. Implementation of backpropagation and learning vector quantization (LVQ) is using Matlab v8.5. The first thing is doing image processing process there is grayscalling and thresholding process to get the bineryzation value that will be used as the input value on ANN. After that the input value will be processed in ANN method backpropagation and LVQ. From the result of the implementation of the testing these methods, obtained accuracy is 91.43% for backpropagation and 65.71% for learning vector quantization
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Please find the rights and licenses in INVOTEK.
The non-commercial use of the article will be governed by the Creative Commons Attribution license as currently displayed on Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
2. Author(s)’ Warranties
The author(s) warrants that the article is original, written by stated author(s), has not been published before, contains no unlawful statements, does not infringe the rights of others, is subject to copyright that is vested exclusively in the author and free of any third party rights, and that any necessary permissions to quote from other sources have been obtained by the author(s).
3. User Rights
INVOTEK adopts the spirit of open access and open science, which disseminates articles published as free as possible under the Creative Commons license.INVOTEK permits users to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work for non-commercial purposes only. Users will also need to attribute authors and INVOTEK on distributing works in the journal.
4. Rights of Authors
Authors retain the following rights:
- Copyright, and other proprietary rights relating to the article, such as patent rights,
- the right to use the substance of the article in future own works, including lectures and books,
- the right to reproduce the article for own purposes,
- the right to self-archive the article.
- the right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the article's published version (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal INVOTEK
If the article was jointly prepared by other authors; upon submitting the article, the author is agreed on this form and warrants that he/she has been authorized by all co-authors on their behalf, and agrees to inform his/her co-authors. INVOTEK will be freed on any disputes that will occur regarding this issue.
By submitting the articles, the authors agreed that no fees are payable from INVOTEK.
INVOTEK will publish the article (or have it published) in the journal if the article’s editorial process is successfully completed and INVOTEK or its sublicensee has become obligated to have the article published. INVOTEK may adjust the article to a style of punctuation, spelling, capitalization, referencing and usage that it deems appropriate. The author acknowledges that the article may be published so that it will be publicly accessible and such access will be free of charge for the readers.
-  Halim, M. I., Dwi, A., T, A. N. S., & T, C. S. S. (2017). Analisis Sentimen Menggunakan Metode Learning Vector Quantization Sentiment Analysis Using Learning Vector Quantization Method, 4(2), 2283–2292..
-  Fathia, S., 2013. Penerapan Jaringan Syaraf Tiruan Dalam Pengenalan Tulisan Tangan Huruf Korea (Hangul) Menggunakan Metode Propagasi Balik. Skripsi, Fakultas Ilmu Komputer Universitas Dian Nuswantoro. Semarang
-  Gustina, S., Fadlil, A., & Umar, R. (2016). Identifikasi Tanaman Kamboja menggunakan Ekstraksi Ciri Citra Daun dan Jaringan Syaraf Tiruan, 2(1), 128–132.
-  Ketutsuratni. 2012. Bangun Datar Dan Bangun Ruang. https://mahasuryaa.wordpress.com/2012/01/01/bangun-ruang-dan-bangun-datar/ diakses 10 April 2018.